Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Day of First Grade!!

Our little Owen started first grade this year; I guess that doesn't make him so little anymore! I can't believe how quickly time flies! I think it was just yesterday that I was taking his first day of kindergarten pictures and just last week that I remember bringing him home from the hospital...

Well, no more nostalgia! Here he is being silly before we walked to school.

His teacher this year is Ms. Porter, who the principal swears to me is not anything like the teacher he had last year-this is a good thing. So far, he says school has been kind of boring (going over rules, reviewing stuff from last year, etc.) but he seems to be doing alright! No crying after school that he doesn't want to go back or trying to stay home in the morning because he doesn't like his teacher. Phew!
The bad thing is he doesn't have very many friends from his class last year, but he will just have to be good at making new friends! And he does get to see his old friends on the playground in the morning, at recess, and at lunch. I think he'll be just fine.

More silly faces from Owen---I couldn't get him to make a normal face all day!
That night we went out to dinner, our first day of school tradition. That way he can tell Scott (he has already told me) about his teacher, his classroom and his friends. Going out to eat makes it seem special instead of just repeating the same things he already told to me. Owen loves to eat and eat and eat; and he can never seem to make up his mind what he wants. Solution?? Eat at Souplantation! Then he can get what he wants, as much as he wants, and still have an ice cream cone at the end of it all.

And a silly one of Emme---why not!??! Everyone else got a silly face picture. (Oh, and she is wearing her new "first day of school" outfit. Couldn't have her feeling left out, right?)

The ice cream cones he loves. Had to do something funny here too!

1 comment:

  1. I know-it's crazy how big our boys are getting! Seriously, where does the time go? So glad Owen has a much better teacher this year. That makes such a difference. Tenn is liking kindergarten and progressing really well with his reading. I hear they expect the kids to be reading by first grade here. Crazy. Miss you guys and I am so happy you are having a girl! Wahoo!!

    ReplyDelete